Collingwood insist star recruit Daniel Wells remains on track for the AFL season despite suffering more calf problems.
Wells was scheduled to play three quarters in a VFL intra-club match on Wednesday night but copped a kick to the calf and was pulled from the ground at halftime.
The 32-year-old's pre-season had already been disrupted by his persistent calf issues but Magpies coach Nathan Buckley says the latest niggle is no cause for concern.
"He's good," Buckley said after Collingwood's opening pre-season win over Essendon on Thursday night.
"We didn't take any risks and pulled him after two quarters but he'll train this week and continue his step up in work rate and load."
The former North Melbourne midfielder played 19 games last season but lower-leg issues restricted him to just 12 matches over the previous two years.
Wells had not been expected to play against Essendon but last week declared he intended to play in at least one of the two remaining pre-season games.
Collingwood have a fortnight off before travelling to Western Australia to face Fremantle but it is unclear whether Wells will be fit for that clash or their game against Richmond on March 11.
The Magpies are set to welcome back skipper Scott Pendlebury and midfield ace Adam Treloar as they prepare for the season proper.
"The players that were rested for this game will play in the next two," Buckley said.
"If there's anyone else we need to manage, we will. But it's pretty much trying to get our best mix together, build the chemistry and continue to build momentum."