Solomon Haumono has accused Australia's first world heavyweight boxing champion, Lucas Browne, of being a fraud after he failed a post-fight doping test.
Browne is puzzled and considering his legal options after news broke that he tested positive to clenbuterol in the aftermath of his WBA title win over Ruslan Chagaev in Chechnya earlier this month.
Browne drew support fellow Australian boxer Billy Dib, but would-be challenger Haumono bluntly told him to accept the positive test and repercussions that come with it.
— BoxingScene.com (@boxingscene) March 22, 2016
"I hope you learn something from this Lucas like ive always known you weren't who you claimed to be. Be a man now and accept who are," Haumono posted on Facebook.
"To make it even worst (sic) knowing what they did and then speaking publicly to deceive everyone 'work hard like I did' to claim the prize."
WBA world No.13 Haumono called Browne out earlier this month, offering him a reported million-dollar payday for an all-Australian world title bout.
When Browne knocked him back, Haumono called the Sydneysider "weak" and "a phantom".
But he unloaded his most savage blow on 36-year-old Browne in the wake of the drug test revelation.
"It's a shame that in sport drugs to enhance performance is real. When you put the amount of hard work, dedication and sacrifice it's unfathomable to know a athlete would take a short cut and claim the prize," he wrote.
Conversely, former IBF featherweight world champion Billy Dib threw his support behind Browne.
"Completely shocked to hear that @bigdaddybrowne1 being accused of failing drug test," the Australian tweeted.
"Something smells shady."
The World Boxing Association confirmed they had received notice of the failed test, but said they would wait until the result of Browne's `B' sample before handing down any potential consequences.